Vice President and West Coast Office Lead – North America
Consultancy & Services team
Full time contract
Dan Sands, Managing Partner, Agent3
16th Jan 2019
Agent3 helps B2B organizations to supercharge the commercial performance of their most strategically-important accounts by realizing the benefits of ‘true’ Account-Based Marketing, at scale. We do this through our proven proprietary workflows for running ABM programs and a combination of data, technology and content solutions, delivered by a market-leading professional services team.
We’re a team of 45 people, founded in the UK five years ago. Today we have successful, fast-growing offices in London, New York, San Francisco, Sofia (Bulgaria) and Woodbridge (UK), and are now looking for a Vice President who can build and lead our presence on the West Coast.
Our customer-facing team includes a blend of specialist functions spanning insights, strategy, planning, creative production and campaign execution; this enables us to deliver end-to-end ABM programs for some of the world’s biggest and fastest growing tech and telco brands including Cisco, Pure Storage, Salesforce, Sony, Samsung and Zendesk.
We also have dedicated data, engineering and innovation teams focused on identifying and productizing new ways of engaging target organizations within the sphere of ABM programs. For instance, our proprietary insights platform has been developed in-house from the ground-up to help sales and marketing stakeholders better understand their target accounts; we’ve also been recognized by B2B Marketing magazine as one of the leading UK B2B MarTech innovators as a result of the market response to this solution.
Our majority investor is the Next 15 digital communications group, which employs over 1,350 people across 32 offices in 14 countries. This enables us to call in niche skill sets where valuable to our customers, ranging from digital build and programmatic AdTech execution agencies, to investor relations and stakeholder insight specialists.
We’re building a world class team at Agent3 that is passionate about doing great work for world class brands. To help us grow we need more amazing people and we’re committed to building a workforce that reflects the diverse society we operate within. So, regardless of your education, background or belief, if you have the skills, ability and experience to perform the job advertised, we want to hear from you.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
About our team in San Francisco
We started expanding our customer-facing team in San Francisco in 2018, so are in a phase of rapid growth, both in terms of customers and colleagues. As a relatively new office team we very much embrace a start-up mentality and want all our co-workers to feel they have the opportunity and responsibility to shape our culture and working atmosphere, regardless of their nominal seniority or tenure at the company.
Role summary: Vice President and West Coast Office Lead – San Francisco
We’re looking for somebody to lead our new West Coast office as we build out our Consultancy and Services team, reporting into the SVP for North America. The successful applicant will have an entrepreneurial mindset and strong experience of securing and growing commercial relationships with demanding tech and telco clients; he or she will also have a deep appetite for growing and spearheading a team, acting as a day-to-day coach and establishing an energetic and productive office culture.
The VP should have a proven track record in pitching for new business and an ability to spot opportunities for organically growing existing client relationships. This person will take on day-to-day leadership for some of our key existing West Coast customers – likely to include Cisco, Pure Storage, Salesforce and Zendesk, among others – and will have responsibility for overseeing customer excellence across all activities.
The role will be particularly well-suited to somebody with experience of working in an established agency environment, but who now wants to be a part of building team identity and ethos from the ground-up.
In addition to working with building relationships with clients and team members, the successful candidate will be heavily involved in contributing to hiring plans and team structure, building out relationships with potential partners, steering commercial targets and growth plans, selecting office space as we expand, and driving our own marketing efforts.
- Client accountability: ‘buck stops here’ responsibility for customer relationships, pre-empting and acting upon any issues to ensure satisfaction with Agent3 services
- Client knowledge: seen by client contacts as a strategic partner that understands the pressures and objectives of them as a stakeholder but also the wider business. Able to confidently discuss the drivers, pressures and objectives of the business, including the individual nuances of the market, audiences and products/solutions being sold and how applying different marketing strategies can help to achieve them
- Commercial ownership: actively participates in revenue planning and management across multiple customers; has accountability for profitability of projects
- Marketing strategy specialist: able to provide authoritative consultancy and context around various aspects of marketing strategy, offering value-add advice to clients and colleagues
- Business development: can lead and deliver on new client/project pitches and proposals, nurturing conversations with prospects to establish briefs and position Agent3 as the partner of choice for meeting these; increasingly able to identify and develop new customer relationships
- Team leadership: oversees day-to-day aspects of running the West Coast team, including elements of HR, capacity resourcing, identifying training requirements, team communications, interviewing candidates, etc.
If the role is still on our website it’s still open. To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org