Director – New York
Consultancy & Services team
Location: NY or SF
Dan Sands, Managing Partner, Agent3
6th Jun 2018
Agent3 (www.agent3.com) is a specialist Account-Based Marketing (ABM) organization which is one-part digital agency and one-part insights platform. Some of the world’s biggest tech and telco companies use our Agent3 Platform to understand more about what’s going on inside their most important customers and prospects. Their marketing and sales teams then partner with our specialist consultants to run digital marketing campaigns which generate new opportunities for them to engage their target accounts. Our current roster of clients includes Sony, Cisco, Salesforce, Pure Storage and Tata Communications.
We’re a team of roughly 40 people, founded in London 4 years ago. We now have offices on the East and West Coasts of the US, and are now looking somebody to join our fast-growing team in New York as we continue to build out our presence in North America.
About the Agent3 Platform
At the heart of our proposition is the Agent3 Platform, an application that combines large volumes of public data to deliver the customer insight that marketing and sales teams need in order to thrive. The Agent3 Platform arms our clients with a deeper understanding of their customers and their sector, so they can speak to them about the things they want to hear. You can see a short demo of the Platform here, and read B2B Marketing magazine’s support for the Platform as one of the top ten pioneering B2B MarTech propositions in the UK.
About our Consultancy and Services agency team
Our team of expert consultants helps customers plan and execute award-winning ABM programs. Based across London, San Francisco and New York, the Agent3 team has a range of skill sets spanning insights to engagement planning, and project management to digital execution. Typically we provide support around the following areas:
- Account Profiling (e.g. Account identification and prioritisation; Stakeholder mapping; Propensity-to- buy modelling; etc.)
- ABM Strategy (e.g. Sales & Marketing alignment workshops; Account Value Proposition messaging; etc.)
- ABM Engagement Planning (e.g. Campaign structure; Content strategy; Engagement channels consultancy; etc.)
- Campaign Execution (e.g. Personalized content and creative; Sales enablement materials; Social and IP-based advertising; SoMarketing automation; etc.)
- Impact Measurement (e.g. ROI measurement; Marketing attribution; etc.)
We partner with a host of companies that help us add value to our customers: from platform and service providers that help us make our customers’ lives easier, through to data companies that give us the insight to fuel great campaigns. For example, we are one of the founding members of Marketo’s industry-wide ABM Success Alliance.
Part of the Next15 digital marketing group
We’re part-owned by Next15 (www.next15.com/), an AIM-quoted marketing services group which acts as a parent for a number of market-leading digital and insight agencies, and which employs over 1,350 people across 32 offices in 14 countries. Having support from Next15 means we have the confidence to continually invest in our services; it also means we have the capability to conduct business on a global scale, particularly in territories where other members of the Next15 network can support our growth.
Role summary: Director – North America
We’re looking for somebody to act as a team and client lead as we continue to expand our Consultancy & Services practice in New York. The successful applicant should have strong experience of developing healthy commercial relationships with demanding B2B clients, delivering valuable marketing and content strategy consultancy to senior stakeholders and overseeing end-to-end delivery of successful projects.
The Director will work on a varied mix of tech B2B clients, including Salesforce, Pure Storage and Veritas. He or she should have the initiative and confidence to take on a variety of hands-on job requirements, the communication skills to lead clients as to the best approach available, and the time management abilities to prioritize competing requests. They will be given a licence to suggest new ways of doing things, the team resource to implement them, and the responsibility to see them through.
- Project accountability: leads projects from briefing through to final delivery, pulling-in and managing Agent3 (and external, as required) resource to exceed client expectations; does not require in-depth additional senior guidance for day-to-day client management, but is adept at managing up to capitalize on new opportunities or address any issues before they take hold
- Customer and internal consultancy and communication: has developed specialist skills to an extent that is able to provide expert, context-aware consultancy to clients and colleagues, backed by industry insight and practical examples
- Client relationship development: ability to link client project opportunities, creating ongoing and additional opportunities for delivering Agent3 services, including opportunities to factor in Agent3 Platform and Next 15 sister agency services; is able to develop positive relationships with a broad range of stakeholders within client organizations
- Commercial acumen: sets targets for commercial growth around particular services or stakeholders, and is able to put plans in place for meeting these targets; has developed an understanding of market value around Agent3 services
- Encourages high standards and best practice: ensures all internal and external activities within their remit are approached and delivered to the best of our collective ability, and in keeping with the Agent3 values: challenge, collaborate and lead
- Team, partner and/or freelancer management: provides mentorship and guidance for junior team members as appropriate; is able to manage freelance and partner resource in an efficient, mutually beneficial manner; demonstrates ability to vary management style to best motivate and support different personalities within the team
- Client knowledge: is viewed by client contacts as being fully cognizant of the drivers, pressures and objectives of the business, including the individual nuances of the market, audiences and products/solutions being sold. Also able to confidently discuss the wider trends in the market which the client operates. Is then capable of applying this insight to the strategic planning process to ensure that resulting proposals/plans are both compelling and geared towards the outcomes the budget holder is seeking
- Professional development: ensures that the specialist skills which they already possess are kept current either through self-learning or formal training. Is able to identify and flag skillsets and areas for development across the wider team and/or new commercial offerings which could be productised and sold to current/prospective customers as new digital marketing trends/functionality come to market
Working at Agent3
A simple philosophy infuses Agent3: nobody has a monopoly on the best ideas. So, we pride ourselves on having a meritocratic structure that encourages innovation and smart thinking from every employee within the company. Our business aims to be fun, flexible and fulfilling, and we’re very protective of our strong and positive culture. We’re a fast-growing, dynamic company, encompassing executives with specialist skills in our three key areas; data, technology and content.
We firmly believe in ensuring our colleagues feel supported and highly-valued. We provide
competitive salary and benefits packages to all employees, including social activities, health insurance and use of the best technology and tools. All employees have career growth plans put in place to support their professional and personal ambitions.
Our majority investor is Next Fifteen, the AIM-quoted marketing services group. By being part of Next Fifteen, we have the confidence to continue to invest in the development of the Agent3 Platform as well as the freedom to open for business in new geographic territories where the existing Next Fifteen network can support our growth.
If the role is still on our website it’s still open. To apply, please email email@example.com