Account Manager – San Francisco
Consulting Team (UK)
San Francisco, California
Full time contract
Greg Salmon, Senior Vice President, Agent3
16th Jan 2019
Agent3 helps B2B organizations to supercharge the commercial performance of their most strategically-important accounts by realizing the benefits of ‘true’ Account-Based Marketing, at scale. We do this through our proven proprietary workflows for running ABM programs and a combination of data, technology and content solutions, delivered by a market-leading professional services team.
We’re a team of 45 people, founded in the UK five years ago. Today we have successful, fast-growing offices in London, New York, San Francisco, Sofia (Bulgaria) and Woodbridge (UK), and are now looking for a talented and ambitious Account Manager who can join our team in San Francisco.
Our customer-facing team includes a blend of specialist functions spanning insights, strategy, planning, creative production and campaign execution; this enables us to deliver end-to-end ABM programs for some of the world’s biggest and fastest growing tech and telco brands including Cisco, Pure Storage, Salesforce, Sony, Samsung and Zendesk.
We also have dedicated data, engineering and innovation teams focused on identifying and productizing new ways of engaging target organizations within the sphere of ABM programs. For instance, our proprietary insights platform has been developed in-house from the ground-up to help sales and marketing stakeholders better understand their target accounts; we’ve also been recognized by B2B Marketing magazine as one of the leading UK B2B MarTech innovators as a result of the market response to this solution.
Our majority investor is the Next 15 digital communications group, which employs over 1,350 people across 32 offices in 14 countries. This enables us to call in niche skill sets where valuable to our customers, ranging from digital build and programmatic AdTech execution agencies, to investor relations and stakeholder insight specialists.
We’re building a world class team at Agent3 that is passionate about doing great work for world class brands. To help us grow we need more amazing people and we’re committed to building a workforce that reflects the diverse society we operate within. So, regardless of your education, background or belief, if you have the skills, ability and experience to perform the job advertised, we want to hear from you.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
About our team in San Francisco
We started expanding our customer-facing team in San Francisco in 2018, so are in a phase of rapid growth, both in terms of customers and colleagues. As a relatively new office team we very much embrace a start-up mentality and want all our co-workers to feel they have the opportunity and responsibility to shape our culture and working atmosphere, regardless of their nominal seniority or tenure at the company.
As such, all team members in San Francisco are actively involved in defining and driving the ‘internal’ aspects of building our business, ranging from contributing to hiring plans and team structure, building out relationships with potential partners, steering commercial growth plans, selecting and designing office space as we expand, and driving our own marketing efforts.
Role summary: Account Manager – San Francisco
The ideal candidate will possess a broad range of digital marketing skills, encompassing content creation, multi-channel activation and campaign management acumen. Somebody who can create long and short form copy across social, web and email; can analyze and act upon trends in audience engagement; and can juggle competing client expectations so as to deliver projects with tangible impact.
This person will work on a varied mix of B2B clients covering some of the world’s largest technology and telecommunications organizations, including Pure Storage, Cisco and Salesforce. They should have the initiative and confidence to take on a variety of hands-on job requirements, the communication skills to consult clients as to the best approach available, and the time management abilities to prioritize competing requests. They will be given a license to suggest new ways of doing things, and the responsibility to see them through.
We are looking for particular experience in the following areas:
- Client management: ideally 3+ years of client-facing delivery, or of in-house stakeholder management
- Strong written content attributes; experience of project-managing video, web or animated projects also desirable
- Project management skills: ability to handle multiple conflicting deadlines and prioritize accordingly
- Ambitious and commercially-minded, with an enthusiasm for suggesting new opportunities and ability to take ownership of project proposals
- Accountability and willingness to act without close management
- Analytical mindset
- Expertise around lead generation spanning social, web and email
- Project management and delivery: takes responsibility for running projects (or aspects of projects, as outlined by team lead), outlining clear targets, requirements and timescales, and regularly communicating internally and externally to ensure expectations are managed throughout
- Specialist skill delivery: ability to communicate specialist insights and knowledge in a manner that reinforces the value-add services that clients receive from Agent3; identifies areas for further developing these specialisms, based on self-driven research and exposure
- Maintains and builds client relationships: is able to adapt style to suit the approach required by a given client dynamic, building healthy long-term professional relationships in doing-so; proactively suggests relevant approaches and ideas, based on an understanding of a customer’s industry, challenges and objectives
- Commercial processes and understanding: sets appropriate budgets for projects, ensures activity is delivered in a profitable fashion, and adheres to financial practices and processes; understands split between fee and cost of sales on any given project and is able to oversee delivery in-line with this; has developed an understanding of market value around Agent3 services
- Commitment and quality control: exceeds internal and client requests around a given task, adding appropriate insight and input wherever able; ensures all work meets expectations around timeliness, clarity and mode of delivery; collaborates with team members in an efficient and effective manner
- Managing up and down: is able to prioritize and delegate project responsibilities across team members, mindful of conflicting time pressures; calls in senior support where appropriate, providing visibility across the team while maintaining accountability; has started developing ability to line-manage junior team members, demonstrating strategies for overseeing their day-to-day wellbeing and longer term growth
- Client knowledge: is able to demonstrate an understanding/strategy for learning about customer organizations for which projects are being carried out. Is then able to take this information and confidently input into strategic planning
- Professional development: ensures that the skills which they already possess are kept current either through self-learning or formal training. Is able to identify and flag with their line manager other areas for which there would be a business benefit if they were to build skills around
If the role is still on our website it’s still open. To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org