Account Based Marketing (ABM) Senior Account Director – UK
Consulting Team (UK)
London Bridge, London
Temporary – Permanent
Sally Brown, Director, Agent3
12th April 2019
Agent3 helps B2B organisations to supercharge the commercial performance of their most strategically-important accounts by realising the benefits of ‘true’ Account-Based Marketing, at scale. We do this through our proven proprietary workflows for running ABM programmes and a combination of data, technology and content solutions, delivered by a market-leading professional services team.
We’re a team of 45 people, founded in the UK five years ago. Today we have successful, fast-growing offices in London, New York, San Francisco, Sofia (Bulgaria) and Woodbridge (UK).
Our customer-facing team includes a blend of specialist functions spanning insights, strategy, planning, creative production and campaign execution; this enables us to deliver end-to-end ABM programmes for some of the world’s biggest and fastest growing tech and telco brands including BT, Pure Storage, Salesforce and Sony.
We also have dedicated data, engineering and innovation teams focused on identifying and productising new ways of engaging target organisations within the sphere of ABM programmes. For instance, our proprietary insights platform has been developed in-house from the ground-up to help sales and marketing stakeholders better understand their target accounts; we’ve also been recognised by B2B Marketing magazine as one of the leading UK B2B MarTech innovators as a result of the market response to this solution.
Our majority investor is the Next 15 digital communications group, which employs over 1,350 people across 32 offices in 14 countries. This enables us to call in niche skill sets where valuable to our customers, ranging from digital build and programmatic AdTech execution agencies, to investor relations and stakeholder insight specialists.
We’re building a world class team at Agent3 that is passionate about doing great work for world class brands. To help us grow we need more amazing people and we’re committed to building a workforce that reflects the diverse society we operate within. So, regardless of your education, background or belief, if you have the skills, ability and experience to perform the job advertised, we want to hear from you.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Role summary: Account Based Marketing (ABM) Senior Account Director
We are looking for a Senior Account Director to work with us from June 2019. You will be an experienced multi-channel marketer who’s as adept at working with clients on building strategy, as they are in delivering on projects. Somebody who understands engaging content; can analyse and act upon trends in audience engagement; and can juggle contending client expectations so as to deliver projects with tangible impact.
You will have the initiative and confidence to tackle a variety of hands-on job requirements, the interpersonal skills to lead clients as to the best approach available, the commercial skills to be able to identify and respond to opportunities to grow accounts, as well as the time management abilities to prioritise contending requests.
You will work on a varied mix of B2B clients, including Salesforce and BT.
- 6+ years B2B and/or tech marketing experience, with at least 2 of those years spent in agency
- Hands-on experience of running projects, including developing the strategy, crafting a plan and delivery, of at least two of the following:
- ABM programmes (1:1, 1:few, 1:many)
- Demand generation content marketing programmes
- B2B organic social media programmes
- Messaging and value proposition development
- Social listening/insight projects
- Email marketing/nurture programmes
- Programmatic/social advertising campaigns
- Web user journey strategy
- Project accountability: you’ll be able to lead projects from briefing through to final delivery, pulling-in Agent3 and external resource to exceed client expectations; you won’t require in-depth additional senior mentorship for day-to-day client management, but will be able to work closely with senior colleagues to capitalise on new opportunities or address any issues before they take hold
- Customer and internal consultancy and communication: you’ll have developed specialist skills to an extent that you’re able to provide context-aware consultancy to clients and colleagues, backed by industry insight and practical examples
- Client relationship development: you’ll have the ability to link client project opportunities, identifying areas for delivering Agent3 services and products. You will be able to develop positive relationships with a broad range of people within client organisations
- Commercial acumen: you’ll be capable of taking ownership of client finances including fee recognition and project profitability, as well as setting targets for commercial growth within accounts, and putting plans in place for meeting these targets. You’ll have developed an understanding of market value around products and services that compete with what we offer
- Inspires high standards: you will make sure all internal and external activities within your remit are approached and delivered to the best of our collective ability, and in keeping with the Agent3 values of challenge, collaborate and lead
- Team, partner and/or freelancer management: you’ll be adept at providing mentorship and guidance for junior team members and experienced in running freelance and partner resource in an efficient, mutually effective manner. You’ll demonstrate the ability to vary your management style to best motivate and support different personalities within the team
- Client knowledge: we’d expect you to be viewed by client contacts as being fully cognisant of the drivers, pressures and objectives of their business, including the individual nuances of the market, audiences and products/solutions being sold. You will then be able also to apply this insight to the planning process to ensure that any plans you put together are compelling and geared towards the outcomes the budget holder is looking for
- Professional development: you will take pride in keeping your specialist skills up to date through self-learning or formal training. And can identify and flag skillsets and areas for development across the wider team and/or new commercial offerings which could be productised and sold to current/prospective customers as new digital marketing trends/functionality come to market
Working at Agent3
A simple philosophy infuses Agent3: nobody has a monopoly on the best ideas. So, we pride ourselves on having a meritocratic structure that encourages innovation and smart thinking from every employee within the company. Our business aims to be fun, flexible and fulfilling, and we’re very protective of our strong and positive culture.
We firmly believe in ensuring our colleagues feel supported and highly-valued. We provide competitive salary and benefits packages to all employees, including social activities, health insurance and use of the best technology and tools. And all our employees have bespoke career growth plans put in place to support their professional and personal ambitions.
If the role is still on our website it’s still open. To apply, please email email@example.com